Last night, I created a delicious concoction. I made a peach-pineapple margarita! It was so refreshing for summer time and the color is vibrant and beautiful. The recipe is below, you must try it out! It would be great for a summer BBQ, dinner party, or cocktail party with friends and family! We made these outstanding ancho chicken tacos with cilantro slaw and avocado cream that are a great compliment to the sweet margaritas! (The tacos are also healthy, but don't tell anyone, it will be our little secret!) Pair these refreshing drinks with these delectable tacos and you've got a perfect summer dinner! Enjoy!
Ancho Chicken Tacos with Cilantro Slaw
and Avocado Cream
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 3/4 teaspoon ancho chile powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Cooking spray
- 1/8 teaspoon grated lime rind
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice, divided
- 1/4 cup light sour cream
- 2 tablespoons 1% low-fat milk
- 1/2 ripe peeled avocado, diced
- 2 cups packaged angel hair slaw
- 1 tsp of Honey
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 (6-inch) corn tortillas
(I added the honey to the recipe because the slaw really needed a sweet element and the honey works perfectly!)
1. Heat a large skillet over high heat. Sprinkle chicken evenly with chile powder, garlic salt,
and cumin. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add chicken to pan; cook 4 minutes, stirring
frequently. Remove chicken from pan.
- 2. Combine rind, 1 tablespoon juice, and next 3 ingredients (through avocado) in a blender or food processor; process until smooth.
- 3. Combine remaining 1 tablespoon juice, slaw, onions, cilantro, honey, oil, and salt, tossing to coat.
- 4. Heat tortillas according to directions. Divide chicken mixture evenly among tortillas. Top each tortilla with about 1 tablespoon avocado mixture and 1/4 cup slaw mixture.
Calories: 319, Fat: 11g, Protein: 30g, Carb: 25g, Fiber: 5.1g, Chol: 72g, Iron: 1.3mg, Sodium: 385mg
*Drink image & recipe via me, Taco image and recipe via cookinglight.com