Friday, July 22, 2011

{Cake in a Jar}

The other day I made my Grammy cake in a jar! I had seen this around and I thought it looked so cute so I wanted to try it out! I bought some lemon cake mix, vanilla icing, and coconut. I baked the cake and used a cup to cut out the perfect size circular pieces of cake and I repeated that four times. I iced the top of one round piece and topped with coconut and dropped it into my mason jar. I repeated that until the jar was filled. I printed out a monogram G offline and pasted that on the top of the mason jar and added a yellow ribbon to match the cake! It was slightly tricky but the end product is adorable and it's a great gift! I recommend you try it! I made little snowballs with the rest of my cake I had left over! It was a delicious treat!





*Images via me!

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to make one of these for my daughter, with chocolate cake, Nutella and peanut butter crumbles. Thanks for a great idea!

    ReplyDelete