Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Some Good Ol' BBQ

Since I am a Texas girl, one of my favorite types of food is BBQ of course! Last night my whole family was at our home and we had a delicious BBQ feast! We had baby back ribs, grilled chicken, chopped salad, baked beans, and grilled peppers!! Yum! I found this recipe for a ten minute barbecue sauce that was absolutely to die for. It's from chef Jamie Purviance and it is finger lickin' good, you have to try it!

Ten-Minute Barbecue Sauce

1/2 Cup of Ketchup
1/4 Cup of Water
1 Tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
1 Tablespoon Red Wine Vinegar
1 Teaspoon Light Brown Sugar ( I love sweet barbecue sauce so instead of using 1 teaspoon I used half a cup, it makes it so delicious, everyone loved it!)
1 Teaspoon Chili Powder
1 Teaspoon Onion Powder
1/4 Teaspoon Black Pepper

Whisk all ingredients together in a small sauce pan. Let it simmer on low heat for 10 minutes to allow the sugar to fully dissolve and all of the flavors to blend. Stir occasionally. Makes about 3/4 cup. Enjoy!!



*Images via me!

No comments:

Post a Comment