Monday, February 6, 2012

{Super Bowl Sunday Recap}

I hope you all are having a wonderful start to the week and I hope you enjoyed your Super Bowl Sunday! My favorite part of Super Bowl is definitely the food. So as my dad watched football my mom and I spent our time cooking, drinking beer, and playing Scrabble! 


1. For our first course I made guacamole, it takes a bit to chop all of the ingredients but I must say this is the best I have made yet. I put 3-4 avocados, a lot of cilantro, lime juice, garlic, salt, pepper, a dash of cumin, red onion, and jalapenos! 

2. For our second course we made mini chimichangas. We bought five inch flour tortillas and filled them with jack cheese, chopped jalapenos, and green chiles. Wrapped them up like a burrito and put them on a baking sheet with foil. Popped it in the oven at 375 for twenty minutes and voila! 


We made a yummy sauce for them that was:

  • 13; cups mayonnaise




  • 13; cup buttermilk




  • 13; cup chopped jalapeno




  • 13; cup green chilies




  • 13; cup cilantro leaf




  • 1 (1 ounce) packet dry ranch dressing mix




  • I wish I had taken pictures of them because they were so incredibly delicious and cute!! They are definitely a must for any party!!

    3. For our third course we made these delicious asian sticky drumsticks! We also made normal hot wings! But these were so great and different! The recipe is found here.


    4. Our last course was just some good ol' Tollhouse chocolate chip cookies! Can't go wrong with that!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment