This week is going to be quite a doozy. I am already having a hard time keeping my head on straight and it's only Monday! Oye. Well, I have a feeling I will be needing a drink by the end of the week and why not make a delicious mimosa with a twist. Mimosa Ice Pops! Yum
How to: Mimosa Popsicles
You will need (makes 6 pops):
2 ounces champagne8 ounces orange juice½ cup fresh strawberries3 tablespoons orange juice
1. Make orange-champagne base - stir orange juice and champagne together until combined.
2. Make strawberry layer - puree strawberries and 3 tablespoons of orange juice in blender until smooth. 3. Remove Zoku from the freezer( Zoku is this amazing popsicle maker that makes popsicles in....drum roll please...7 minutes!!) You could also just use a popsicle tray but that will take a bit longer. Insert sticks and pour about ¾ ounce of orange-champagne base into each cavity; allow layer to freeze completely. 4. Pour ½ ounce strawberry puree into each cavity directly on top of the orange-champagne layer; allow layer to freeze completely. 5. Pour another layer of the orange-champagne base up to fill line in each cavity (approximately ¾ ounce per pop); allow layer to freeze completely. Remove and repeat!
If that's a little too much hassle you can always stick to these delicious drink recipes instead!
- 2 shots pear nectar (recommended: Kern's)
- 1 shot pear brandy
- Chilled, extra-dry Champagne
- Sliced pears, for garnish
Stir together pear nectar and pear brandy in a chilled glass. Divide pear blend into 2 rocks glasses filled with crushed ice. Top with chilled Champagne and garnish with sliced pears.
- 1 cup pomegranate juice
- 1 cup unsweetened cranberry juice
- 6 packets sugar substitute (recommended: Splenda)
- 6 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 cups vodka
- Club soda
In a pitcher, combine pomegranate juice, cranberry juice, sugar substitute, lime juice, and vodka over ice. Top off with club soda.
Lychee Lillet Cocktail
- 1 (20-ounce) can lychees in syrup
- 2 1/2 cups Lillet (orange wine), chilled
- 2 teaspoons rosewater
- 1 teaspoon bitters (recommended: Peychaud's)
- Orange twists or slices
Puree half of the lychees and all of the syrup in a blender until all lychees are liquefied. Strain through a fine mesh strainer, pressing down to get the most from the lychees into a clean pitcher; discard the fibrous solids. Add the Lillet, rosewater and bitters. Refrigerate to chill thoroughly, if needed.
Pour into chilled flutes, martini, or fun juice glasses, and garnish with an orange twist or slice. Drink.
Prickly Pear Margarita
- 3 ounces tequila blanco
- 1/2-ounce Cointreau
- 1 1/2 ounces lime juice
- 2 ounces prickly pear syrup
- Kosher salt and turbinado sugar, for garnishing the glass
- Kumquats and lime peels, for garnish
Combine the tequila, Cointreau, lime juice and pear syrup in a cocktail shaker. Shake vigorously to incorporate. Wet the rim of a margarita glass and dip into salt and sugar mixture. Pour margarita into glass over ice. Garnish with a kumquat and a curled piece of lime peel.
*Image and Recipe via because im addicted, other recipes and images via foodnetwork.com